Monday, April 1, 2013

leek geekdom for breakfast a la Jacques Pepin

oh my!
I found this stunning leek at the local market. I took it home with me.

And, of course, I had to share it with the world.

I've recently been obsessed with honing my omelet technique, thanks to monsieur Jacques Pepin. Last week, one of my students chose this video of Jacques Pepin demonstrating techniques on how to make a country omelet and a classic French omelet as part of his weekly Youtube transcription to practice sentence stress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57afEWn-QDg

Probably not the example of choice to demonstrate Standard North American English sentence stress (lol), but Jacques Pepin is AWESOME, because for years I'd wondered how omelets were made, and could never make one properly myself. They would come out dry, crispy, in tatters, like overly-cooked failed scrambled eggs. How do restaurants make them come out so juicy and lovely? What is the secret? I would wonder wistfully as I poured condiments on my cardboardy eggs to make them edible.

If you've ever felt the same way, WATCH the video. Even if you think you know everything about omelets, watch it anyway, just because Jacques Pepin is super adorable.
Merci monsieur Pepin!!!







2 comments: