Monday, January 7, 2013

and some light housekeeping...

I finally updated the seasonal header image. Sorry that was so late... again! I couldn't find last year's image. Anyway now I do have 4 seasonal ones saved, so I can pull those out when we get lazy (eg when I get lazy). However, as always I strongly encourage y'all to submit high-resolution images for the upcoming season... so come late February or so, start thinking about a spring image if that appeals to you. Email images to me.

Also you may have noticed from Ana's intro post that I've included a new question - "How do you know Amy?". I hope it's clear that I do this not for narcissism, but because y'all don't all know each other yet (maybe 2013 will be the year for a Leek Geeks party! Yes?), and I think if it was me in that position I'd be interested to know how we all connect to the hub, and it would make me feel a little better acquainted with my fellow posters. So when y'all come to my house for a canning party/cocktail meet & greet/garden tea, you'll have a better idea of each other's rootedness IRL. Initially our team was so small that it didn't matter, but I think at this point it makes sense.

I am thinking June or July or so for a LG party. Out-of-towners, any chance your plans could bring you to my backyard around that time? There will be tiny paper parasols to make it worth your while!

I've changed the posts per page from 3 to 5.

Finally, I turned off word verification for comments, because I just learned I can! Blogger is pretty good about detecting and automatically deleting spam comments, but it's possible you'll see sketchy comments appear briefly. If they aren't deleted right away let me know and I'll take care of it.

Happy new year!!

2 comments:

  1. You know what I love the most about that image? The non ironed table cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be there this summer, but realistically it should be planned without me. If we're able to come to Canada this summer, we can try to include a Montreal visit.

    ReplyDelete