Tuesday, November 22, 2011

This is Hyun


Me and Amy's baby... I'd say this picture accurately depicts what I'm about... booze and babes. Yup.


Hola, fellow geeks.

I'm relatively new to the cooking game. This has many reasons, among them the trauma of failing an introductory cooking class in high school. It wasn't until my undergrad years that I began to cook regularly, at first, for myself, and then for others, and came to realize that it was actually a lot of fun. And if my roommates could stomach my culinary creations, then by Jeebus, I couldn't be complete crap at it.

But in all seriousness, I'm a real big foodie who's developed quite a love for cooking, and I'd love to learn more from you! Specifically, I'm a fan of simple cooking, with uncomplicated recipes and simple but fresh ingredients.

I'm hoping we'll get better acquainted with thyme! (HAH! You're welcome.)


Top culinary influences: My mom. Food blogs. Hunger.
Favorite cook books: Not so much cook books, but blogs and vlogs and things like that..
Favorite 5 ingredients: lemon, green onion, garlic, olive oil, salt/pepper.
Favorite 5 dishes: Fresh sashimi, steak tartare or done medium/rare, fresh bread, all Korean food, a good soup on a cold day.
How did you learn to cook?: Trial and error, watching my mom, internets.
Your week in cooking: I had a Mars Bar and coffee for breakfast today. This doesn't bode well for the rest of the week...
Culinary fascination of the moment: Risotto.. it looks like the stuff I'm left with when I fail at making rice...
Culinary ambitions: To make something that impresses even my mom
Top serving tips: Make sure everyone's had their fill and then some... I generally make enough food so there are leftovers.
Your dream kitchen: A team of trained monkeys who'll clean up the apocalyptic post-cooking disaster.


3 comments:

  1. I can't see the pic Hyun! Can you upload it again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol lame!! Put one of your face too!!

    also lol to your week in cooking.....

    ReplyDelete